Friday 7 October 2011

Let's talk parenting taboos: Rufus Griscom + Alisa Volkman | Video on TED.com

Let's talk parenting taboos: Rufus Griscom + Alisa Volkman Video on TED.com

I know in my last post I indicated that I would share a few family recipes. It was hubby's birthday and I promised him ribs, grandma's banana cake with peanut butter frosting. Well guess what. I was busy. Working , day care pick-up and dealing with a little sick baby. Life got in the way. He got a McCain Deep and Delicious chocolate cake, with pizza and wings. And you know what? He was still incredibly happy! Guys love those cakes. I don't get it.

Instead I opted to share this video. When I am having horrible moments in motherhood I think of this talk. When I am terrified I am going to ruin my Belle because I am horrible wench of a mom, this video makes me smile. I am not the only one who feels lonely, a failure, hating myself for not loving be a mom, wanting more, not understanding what my new life is going to be etc. It helps and is bloody brilliant. Enjoy mommies and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment